Forney ISD Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment
Pre-K Registration for the 2022-2023 school year opened on April 4, 2022.
Parents/Guardians can click the 'Parent Laserfiche link' below and at the bottom of this page to begin registration for the fall.
Parent Laserfiche link
(Select 'PreK/ECSE Enrollment')
2021-2022 School Year
Welcome to Forney ISD! We are excited to have your family as a part of the Forney Family and we look forward to working with your child to ensure that when he or she graduates, he or she will be well prepared for their next steps in life. To get started, we first need you to upload verification documents into Laserfiche. Helpful notes and required documents are listed below.
(Forney ISD does not offer a Head Start program. If you are interested in a Head Start program, please contact the Region 10 Education Service Center (ESC) through this link.)
Please read all information BEFORE uploading documents into Laserfiche.
All documents must be uploaded in order to determine eligibility for PreK.
General Enrollment for all Forney ISD Students:
1. Birth certificate
2. Social Security card
3. Immunization records
4. Proof of residence
a. Driver’s License, and
b. Mortgage statement or Closing Contract/Settlement Statement, or
c. Lease agreement, and
d. Current utility bill
e. For families that will be building a home in Forney ISD or moving into an existing home or apartment after the date of enrollment, please use the following link:
Forney ISD Pre-K
The Forney ISD Pre-K program is available to students who turn 4 years old on or before September 1 of the upcoming school year.
The Texas Legislature determines eligibility requirements for free, public prekindergarten in Texas. Children are automatically eligible to attend pre-kindergarten if any of the following are met:
- A child who is a member of a household receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, Food Distribution Program onIndian Reservations, State Medicaid programs, or similar income-tested programs or other source of information, as determined by the Secretary of Agriculture (42 USC, §1758f)
- A child who is an eligible participant in Head Start or Even Start
- A child who is considered a migrant child
- A child who is considered homeless
- A child who is considered a runaway
- A child who is a foster child.
- A child who has a language other than English indicated on any portion of the Home Language Survey - (see Step 7 for the Home Language Survey)
- A child’s parent is an active duty member of the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard
- A child’s parent or guardian is an activated or mobilized member of the reserve components of the US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard
- A child with a parent or guardian that is uniformed active service member that is missing in action (MIA)
- A child’s parent or guardian has been injured or killed while on active duty.
- A child’s parent or guardian is a peace officer, a firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder.
Note: Documentation supporting the eligibility will be required. Please have documentation ready to upload when you log in to Laserfiche.
To qualify for prekindergarten, the following additional documents will be needed, depending on your child’s qualification:
- Proof of income- one month's worth of pay stubs will be required.
- earning statements for the preceding one month period
- SNAP letter that includes the student’s name and current dates
- Language- no additional documentation needed except for the Home Language Survey. Please note, your child will be scheduled to take an English proficiency test prior to being accepted into the prekindergarten program.
- Foster Child
- Proof that you are the foster parent of the child
- Homeless-email Tina Spain for the needed documentation (Tina Spain)
- Proof of military qualification
- First Responder
- A copy of the Criminal Justice Division certificate awarded annually in September, or a letter from the first responder’s local representative.
Once you have all needed documentation, (birth certificate, drivers license, immunization record, social security number, proof of residency, and verification of PreK qualifier), please click on the link for Laserfiche.
Parent Link to Laserfiche When you open this page, please click on PreK/ECSE
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed and you will recieve an email notifying you if your child qualifies for PreK.
PreK begins at 7:50 AM and dismisses at 3:25. The doors open at 7:20.