Welcome to Forney ISD!
We are so happy you've decided to join our #ForneyFamily. This page provides information to help make a smooth transition.
New Employee Orientation
New Teacher Week is July 25-29, 2022, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. While you may be dismissed prior to 5 pm on some days, please make arrangements to be ready to go at 8am and stay until 5 pm. There will be instructions to sign in each day so that we can accurately record your session attendance and credit your days. If you will be unable to attend any part of New Teacher Orientation, please communicate your conflict to your principal/supervisor and then complete a form which can be accessed by clicking here. While efforts will be made to help those who have to miss part of new teacher week get "caught up," formal, complete make-up sessions are not being provided. Absences will result in a reduction in overall pay.
New teachers should report to Forney High School, 1800 College Avenue, Forney, TX, Monday morning, July 25. Doors open at 8 am. Schedules for the remainder of the week will be distributed on Monday morning. Lunch will be provided on Monday.
Teachers will report to their home campuses on Tuesday & Wednesday. Capturing Kids' Hearts training is scheduled for Thursday and Friday. Locations will be shown on individual schedules.
New paraprofessionals (classroom, instructional, and special education aides) should report directly to their assigned campus on Monday, July 25. 8 am will be a workable time unless the campus administration has communicated a different time. Campus staff members will be able to inform new paraprofessionals regarding training activities.
Forney ISD's benefit plan year runs from September 1 - August 31. If you are joining our team in the summer when our benefit year is starting over, your enrollment can be confusing. Below is a quick guide to completing your enrollment quickly and easily.
If you are covered through September 1 by another district/employer...
- ......you will only need to enroll during annual open enrollment, but can only do so after July 26, 2022.
- You can enroll online at http://www.mybenefitshub.com/forneyisd. If you need help, our broker, Gentry Financial Services, is available at 903-939-8133.
If you are not scheduled to have benefit coverage from another school district through August 31, or otherwise need coverage prior to September 1...
- ...you may need to enroll for the end of the 2021-2022 benefit year. You can find an overview of our 2021-22 plans and enroll online using http://www.mybenefitshub.com/forneyisd
- To arrange for benefits through Forney ISD for June-August of 2022, email Mary Mccoy (email@example.com). You will need to complete enrollment within 31 days of your first official day of employment.
- Need help? Our third party administrator, Gentry Financial Services, is available at 903-939-8133.
Once you've completed your technology setup, you will be able to access the current Employee Handbook via Shared Drives on Google Drive.
Once you've completed all required paperwork and the HR staff has you entered into our software systems, you will be able to set up your district technology accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Salary and Compensation
Q. I am supposed to receive a stipend for extra duties. When will I see my stipends added to my set up in the Frontline Employee Service Center?
A. Extra duty stipends are typically added to an employee's set up in Frontine between August 15 and September 15. This allows compenstion to start with September checks.
Updated: July 23, 2022