Department Links and Responsibilites
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCESStudents face a variety of stressors each day. Here are a few local and national resources to give you more information on common mental health topics your child may face.
If your child is considered to be high risk (based on suicide lethality assessment) contact NorthSTAR Mobile Crisis. The mental health crisis line and mobile crisis team is a free service serving 7 NorthSTAR Counties @ 866.260.8000 For more information, visit ntbha.org.
- Helping Children Handle Stress
- 12 Tips To Reduce Your Child’s Stress
- Managing Stress in Teens and Adolescents
Substance Use and Abuse
- Above the Influence
- Collin County Substance Abuse Coalition
- The Recovery Village
- How to Prevent Teen Drug Use and Abuse
- Drug/Alcohol Addiction Support Groups
- Teen Substance Abuse Prevention
- The Rehab Spot - substance use, addiction, and treatment.
In our district, students/parents have the ability to file an online or offline incident report. Students are informed at the beginning of school, as well as periodically during the school year, how to file a report of bullying.