WELLNESS CLAIM INSTRUCTIONS FOR METLIFE ACCIDENT POLICY
Although this plan was only presented as an Accident plan it is actually bundled with a Hospital Indemnity plan which allows for the full reimbursement benefit. Therefore, when filing for the health screening benefit, participants will actually receive $100 under an Accident plan and $100 under a Hospital Indemnity plan. MetLife sees participating employees as having two separate policies rather than just one. Remember, these benefits are paid on a calendar year cycle, January through December.
You may file a wellness claim in one of three ways.
Option 1--By Phone
- Call 866-626-3705. You will need to have the name, address and phone number of the doctor/entity providing the exam. Be sure to report one of the exams listed below as these are the procedures that are covered.
- routine health check-up exam;
- blood chemistry panel;
- chest x-rays;
- complete blood count (CBC);
- electrocardiogram (EKG); or
- electroencephalogram (EEG).
- You will need to verify your name, employer, address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Agree to the acknowledgment the MetLife representative will read to you.
MetLife representatives will process the claim via the phone and paper checks are generally mailed to employees within 5 business days.
Go to www.mybenefits.metlife.com
and follow the prompts. Once registered you may also choose to use the MetLife Mobile App
Option 3--Paper Form
Click here to access the paper claim form and follow the instructions on the form.