1. If selected for an interview, what should I bring?
    • An up-to-date resume
    • The two most recent job appraisals (job evaluations)
    • Transcripts or diplomas documenting the highest level of education reported on the applicant’s resume/application (Unofficial copies are acceptable for interviews.)
    1. Does Forney ISD hire candidates from alternative certification programs?

    Yes, FISD does hire candidates from alternative certification programs.  The district is more likely to hire candidates from alternative certification programs in shortage areas such as secondary science, math, or foreign language.  The district is also more likely to hire candidates with full certification up until the end of the month of May.  Alternative certification program participants are more likely to be offered positions when openings come available after June.

    1. What alternative certification programs are approved by Forney ISD?

    FISD does not have an approved list of alternative certification programs, but will work with candidates from any program approved by the Texas Education Agency.  A link to a list of approved alternative certification programs in the DFW area is shown below.


    1. Should I send additional hard copy documents to the district?

    No.  Documents may be attached to an applicant’s online application.  If invited to an interview, applicants should bring those items shown in number 1 above.

    1. Individuals I listed as references have indicated that they have been contacted; does that mean I am being considered?

    The FISD online application system notifies references automatically via e-mail if you have indicated by checking the box the reference is ok to contact. All online applications are considered by the hiring administrator. 

    1. Individuals I listed as references have indicated they were not able to complete the reference form, what should they do?

    References can contact the HR department via e-mail at hrdept@edu.forneyisd.net or by phone at 469-762-4100 if there are problems accessing and or submitting a reference form.  The HR Staff will assist.

           7. How do I get fingerprinted for work in public schools?

    Fingerprinting is not required for applicants, but individuals selected are required to complete a fingerprinting process which allows for a national criminal history check.  Finalization of the job offer is contingent of satisfactory results of the background check.

    The actual fingerprinting process can vary depending on the nature of employment.  For most new hires, the hiring school district will upload the name and other required information for the noncertified applicant to the Texas Education Agency (TEA), which will then send a FAST Fingerprint Pass authorization form to the district for that applicant.  The applicant and/or the district will pay the fingerprint and criminal history review fees (approximately $50). The district only pays the fingerprinting fees for those employed as bus drivers or bus monitors.  All other new employees can pay online using a credit, debit, or prepaid debit card when scheduling an appointment, or pay by money order or certified check at the time of the appointment. Detailed information will be provided if selected for a position.

    1. How do I get certified as an educational aide?

    Educational Aides must be employed by a Texas public school before applying for certification. The individual must be recommended by the employing school district.  Individuals selected to for aide positions will be giving directions for completing the certification process. For full details, click here.

    1. Does the district require that I apply online?

    Yes, unless applying for positions in child nutrition, maintenance, or custodial services.

    1. I am certified in a state other than Texas, am I eligible for employment?

    To determine the degree to which an out of state certificate would be honored, you would need to contact the Texas Education Agency (TEA) at 512-936-8400.  Choose the option to speak to a certification specialist.  To access information TEA provides on their website regarding out-of-state certifications, click here. Typically, TEA will extend a one year certificate to an individual certified in another state and then require the individual take Texas tests corresponding to the specific certification areas

    1. How do I update my application?

    Login to your Region 10 Teacher Job Network account to modify your application.  If assistance is needed email tjn@region10.org or call 972-348-1086.