Facility Improvements & Construction Projects
Forney ISD is funding multiple construction projects through a 2019 and 2022 bond for long-term facilities projects, and through the general budget's maintenance and operations fund for annual improvements and upgrades.
Did You Know?
- Over the next 10 years FISD is predicted to more than double in size from the current 16,000 students to over 35,000 students.
- In the next 5 years, Forney ISD is expected add over 15,000 homes and have over 25,000 students.
- By 2030, Forney ISD is expected to add over 30,000 homes and have over 35,000 students.
- Quarterly new home starts within the district more than doubled between 2020 and 2021.
- FISD could add over 2,400 students next fall as new home sales reach 3,000 annually.
- There are 23 subdivisions within the district that are actively building homes or are in the planning stages.
- There are roughly 28,000 future planned lots with more than 4,500 lots currently under development.
- Even after bond approval in November 2019, Forney ISD tax rate has lowered 17 cents to $1.37 in fall 2021.
- While building facilities through the November 2019 bond, Forney ISD saved millions in construction costs, allowing for an additional elementary school (Dewberry Elementary) to be included. This adds much needed additional capacity for students.
- Forney ISD has a healthy fund balance higher than what is recommended by TEA.
Projected Opening for The OC
Projected Opening for Dewberry Elementary
Projected Opening for Ed Wilson Elementary
Projected Opening for Clay Jones Intermediate
Projected Opening for Themer Middle School
Flyovers of New Facilities
Click the links below for digital flyovers of the new Forney ISD facilities.