Links and Resources for Employees:
- My Benefits Hub (Enrollment and Benefit Information Platform)
- 2023-2024 Benefits Handbook
- 2022-2023 Benefits Handbook
- Benefits FAQ
- TRS ActiveCare
- Forney ISD Benefits Broker Information: Gentry Financial - 903-939-8133
- Non-substitute employees who are expected to work 20 hours per week or more are eligible for benefit programs. In addition, these employees are eligible for Forney ISD’s $225 contribution towards the cost of TRS Medical premiums.
- Employees who are expected to work less than 20, but at least 10 hours per week, including substitutes, are eligible for medical insurance only. These employees are not eligible for the Forney ISD premium contribution of $225 per month, and will pay the full cost of the TRS ActiveCare Medical plan premium.
Employees are allowed to enroll in or make changes to their benefits coverages at three (3) distinct times:
New Hire Enrollment Period: All new employees have thirty-one (31) days from their date of hire to enroll in insurance. After this new hire enrollment window, benefit elections are locked until the following Annual Enrollment period, unless the employee has a qualifying event (change in tax dependents or change in access to health insurance).
- Annual Insurance Enrollment Period: Also called Open Enrollment, this period starts in the month of July every year. All eligible employees are allowed to make changes, drop, or enroll in provided benefit coverages. Specific dates and deadlines are communicated before and during each year’s enrollment period.
- Qualifying Event Enrollment Period: The only time that employees are able to change benefits enrollment outside of the new hire or annual open enrollment window is if they experience a qualifying event. A qualifying event is any event that changes either your number of tax dependents or your access to healthcare. Examples of qualifying events include:
- Birth, adoption, death, or guardianship of a child
- A change in marital status (marriage, divorce, death)
- A dependent’s loss of eligibility (attainment of a limiting age)
- Gain or loss of other coverage (i.e. a spouse starts or ends a new job and is eligible for or loses insurance coverage)
All employees have thirty-one (31) days from the qualifying event date to elect changes in coverage. You must notify HR, provide documentation of the qualifying event, and complete your amended enrollment for changes to take effect. Notifying HR of the intent to make changes only is not sufficient.
Coverage for qualifying employees begins:
- Medical: On the first day of work OR the first of the month following hire date (employee's choice)
- Example: An employee who begins work on August 5 would be able to have medical coverage start either August 5 or September 1.
- All other plans: On the first of the month following hire date
- Example: An employee who begins work on August 5 would have dental, vision, and all other insurance coverages (if elected) as of September 1.
Our benefits plan year runs September 1 - August 31. Employees who are out of their first year of employment will have coverage start and end dates that match our benefits plan year.
Plan-specific links and information:
- TRS ActiveCare Rates (23-24)
- TRS ActiveCare Rates (22-23)
- TRS ActiveCare Highlights (23-24)
- TRS ActiveCare Plan Highlights (22-23)
- Call-a-Doctor Telemedicine $0 Deductiible/Co-Pay (via Teledoc)
- Teladoc Program Information through TRS Activecare
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Forney ISD offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through The Hartford. This benefit provides access to resources, such as financial planning, legal questions, and limited counseling services at no cost to the employee. For more information about the services provided, or to access these benefits, please use the link shown below.
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) Information
Voluntary Retirement Programs Available Through Payroll Deduction
- General Information
- 403(b) Plan Overview
- 403(b) Distribution Form
- 457(b) Plan Overview
- 457(b) Distribution Form
Separation of Employment
Benefits coverage typically ends on the last day of the month in which you separate employment. For employees on a 207 calendar (or below) and who complete their full calendar prior to separating, benefits are provided through your final paycheck with the district. Information regarding continuation of benefits coverage through COBRA will be sent to you from bSwift for Medical and Gentry Financial for all other qualifying plans.