Enroll a New Student
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your student is currently enrolled in Forney ISD or was previously enrolled in Forney ISD, please complete the Returning Student Verification. DO NOT CREATE A NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT ACCOUNT!
If you are enrolling your child for Pre-K, please do not submit a Skyward application until you are notified that your child has qualified for PreK. Click here to fill out the PreK application.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Qualifications:
- A student must be five years of age or older on or before September 1 of the school year to attend Kindergarten.
- A child may be enrolled in the first grade if he or she is at least six years of age at the beginning of the current school year or has been enrolled in the first grade, or completed kindergarten, in the public schools of another state prior to transferring to the District or must qualify under other special provisions of the law.
- If a student wants to enter first grade prior to their 6th birthday, they may take the kindergarten acceleration test to see if they may be placed in the first grade. This test is administered in the spring for young people who already reside in the district and are seeking a placement for the upcoming school year.
- If a student moves into the district in the summer or early fall, they may enter kindergarten and then take the test in the fall and be placed into the first grade accordingly based on the outcome of the test.
Residency Verification Documents:
For students PK-4, the enrollment clerk will determine which form is needed and will contact the parents to set up a date and time to complete the forms for enrollment.
For students 5-12, please contact the campus office to determine which form is needed and to schedule an appointment date and time to complete these forms at the campus.
- Mortgage Statement or
- Lease Agreement - Must have full lease - all pages - to include the Forney ISD address, landlord and tenant signatures with terms of lease clearly stated. All occupant names (parents and students) must also be clearly stated on the lease. (Leases may be verified with landlord/leasing agent.) and
- Current utility bill with Forney ISD address - water, gas or electric only (cable, internet, phone are not acceptable forms of utility bills)
- Bona Fide Residence Affidavit (living with a Forney Resident Homeowner)
- Power of Attorney (student living with a Forney Resident, separate and apart from parent/guardian)
- Application for Early Enrollment Based on Documentation of Intended Residence (family moving to Forney into a new or existing home within 120 days from the date of enrollment) - See Intended Residence tab to the left of this page if applicable.
Documents Required for New Student Enrollment:
(*These documents must be provided by the parent/guardian enrolling the student. The school district will not request these items from the previous school for the enrollment application.)
- Withdrawal Form or Final Report Card from previous school (if applicable) *
- Transcript from previous school (high school only) *
- Birth Certificate *
- Social Security Card *
- Immunization Record (view the state vaccination requirements) *
- Parent/Guardian Driver's License
- Proof of Residence (See Residency Verification Documents)
- When entering your address, use abbreviation for Street, Drive, Lane, Circle, Court, etc., and do not use punctuation.
- Example: Street = St Drive = Dr Lane = Ln Circle = Cir Court = Ct
- Use proper lower and upper case when typing names, address, etc. (The information you enter and the way it is entered is the information that goes into Skyward)
- Example: John Smith not john smith
- Use the name that is on the child's birth certificate - not preferred name (The child's legal name must be listed in Skyward)
- Example: Thomas R Jones not Tommy R Jones
- Be sure to provide the proper documents for enrollment (see required documents list)
- Be sure to upload a utility bill - water, gas or electric - NOT internet, cable, cell phone, insurance card
NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your student is currently enrolled in Forney ISD or was previously enrolled in Forney ISD, please complete the Returning Student Verification. DO NOT CREATE A NEW STUDENT ONLINE ENROLLMENT ACCOUNT!!
Note: If you currently have students enrolled in Forney ISD, go to Step 2.
- Click here to create a Skyward account.
- You will receive an email from Forney ISD with your temporary password. To login, enter your email and temporary password. You will be prompted to create a new password.
- Once you have logged in, click on the link to complete the New Student Online Enrollment Application on the left tab.
- Fill out the application. (Be sure to use your child's full legal name.)
- Upload the required documents. For a list of required documents, click here. Documents can be uploaded directly into the enrollment application. Documents must be uploaded as PDF files.
- Submit the application. (All documents must be received for enrollment to be complete)
Should you have problems with your online application, please contact:
PK - 4th Grade 469-762-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5th - 12th Grade Campus PEIMS or Registrar