Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Intended Residence

The 2024-2025 Form Is now available!!


Families moving to Forney ISD later in the year (whether building a new home, buying or leasing an existing home or apartment) can enroll their students prior to the move in date in FISD under an Intended Residence. Parents must complete the online application form by using the link found at the bottom of this page and upload the required documents for early enrollment based on an intended residence with move in expected within 120 days from the date of enrollment. 

  • This application is only needed if your student(s) will be enrolled and in attendance in Forney ISD prior to your closing/move in date. If you do not intend to enroll your student(s) until after you have closed/moved in, you will not need this application and you can use your closing disclosure as your proof of residence for enrollment purposes. 
  • Do not complete this application if you have already moved into your new home in Forney. 

This is not the New Student Online Enrollment Application.

See instructions for Enrolling in Forney ISD.


If you are new to the district, once you have an approved Intended Residence Application, then you must follow the instructions under "Enrolling in Forney ISD" for the online enrollment application. If your temporary address is outside of the FISD Boundaries, you will need to wait for our District PEIMS to add your address to Skyward before completing the New Student Online Enrollment. (Please allow 24 hours after approval of your Intended Residence for this to be completed.)

If you live in the district and have students currently enrolled, once you have an approved Intended Residence Application, you will complete the Returning Student Verification when it opens this summer. 

  • This application may not be used as a basis for enrollment during pre-kindergarten and kindergarten pre-registration in the spring nor will applications for intended residence be accepted after Spring Break of the current school year. 

Intended Residence Application (Link)