Career & Technology Education
Forney ISD’s Career & Technology Education program exists to serve all students by helping them discover their own unique strengths and interests. Our mission is to provide students with business/industry experiences. Students are exposed to a unique combination of classroom instruction and industry experience where they can acquire new information, concepts, techniques and procedures related to their specific career interests.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) prepares all students to continue to learn in institutions of higher learning, and provide quality training and opportunities for entry-level (or above) employment. Forney ISD’s Career and Technical programs are committed to providing rigorous instruction that integrates academics in relevant and innovative ways to keep students interested and excited about their educational goals.
The goals of Forney ISD’s CTE program are:
- to help students (and their parents) make wise education choices, based on the belief that schools should combine rigorous academics with relevant career education so that students see the “usefulness” of what they are learning,
- for each program area FISD will strive to provide students with as many opportunities as possible to earn college credit through local and/or state articulation agreements and dual credit courses,
- to develop and embrace partnerships with local businesses to provide students with advice and offer opportunities to participate in project-based learning partnerships and job shadowing experiences
- to provide opportunities for students to earn state and national industry standard certifications and licenses. Each program area will provide certification opportunities where appropriate.
- curriculum will be based both on industry accepted standards and best practices,
- students will be instructed in the essential skills of job application, dependability, promptness, initiative, loyalty, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and the ability to work and get along with others
Forney ISD focuses on four endorsements,under each endorsement we offer multiple focus pathways for our students. Select the endorsement below for an overview and specific focus pathway plans.
- Learn more about what courses students will need to complete to earn an endorsement.
- Learn more about how to earn one or more Performance Acknowledgements.
- Learn more about all Forney ISD's college and career program offerings.
- Learn about all courses offered at the high schools.
- Learn about Forney ISD Dual Credit Program.