Staff Email Change 5-15-20
May 15, 2020
Dear Forney Staff,
Due to a programming bug, the Employee Account change process that was scheduled for June 8th was started early this morning. Many staff members have already noticed their accounts being updated, prompting them to be logged out of district applications.
The process was started unintentionally, but cannot be stopped now that it has begun. It will continue to transition staff throughout the day and weekend. If you find yourself unable to login to your GMail, please assume that your Google account has been updated, and follow the directions below.
Please be aware that because of the unexpected transition, all staff will likely have trouble accessing Canvas, Edugence, Skyward, and Frontline until sometime Monday.
We’re sorry for the unexpected interruption.
What do I need to do after the change?
- Learn your new username:
- Example: “John Theodore Doe” would have a username of jtdoe. Their full email address would be email@example.com
- Login to Google Chrome
- Test your Gmail
- You will need to recreate your email signature
- Setup MDM (optional)
- Login to Jabber (Will not be ready until Monday)
- You will need to logout of Jabber and hit “Reset Jabber” before attempting your new login.
- Reconnect personal device to FISD WiFi
- You will need to remove or “forget” the FISD WiFi from your device before trying to reconnect. If you do not do this, you will be locked out from the FISD WiFi network for 30 minutes.
- If you have any issues or questions, please wait until Monday morning before submitting an IT ticket. There are many systems that will appear to be down or unavailable for the duration of this transition.