Dallas College at Forney ISD
Forney ISD Announces Expanded Partnership with Dallas College: Community & Staff to Receive In-District Rates for Classes in Forney
Forney ISD is proud to announce an expanded partnership with Dallas College and Texas Tech for the 2021-2022 school year. Now, Forney ISD community and staff will receive in-district tuition rates for Dallas College courses offered at Forney ISD.
Also, Forney High and North Forney High families with dual credit students also received news they will receive a scholarship covering the full cost of their tuition for dual credit courses. This allows dual credit students to take classes for only the cost of textbooks.
Registration Processes and Timelines
Thank you for your participation in Dallas College at Forney. Please see below for information regarding the Spring 2022 registration process and timelines.
- Dallas College Spring 2022 Credit Schedule available for review: https://schedule.dallascollege.edu/
- For Spring 2022, Dallas College will continue offering welding and HVAC sections in Forney. Students must register for these in-person sections for the tuition discount.
- Students registering for eligible core courses can select any Dallas College section for Spring 2022. Please see the list of eligible courses at the bottom right of this page.
- Students may begin selecting courses for registration on November 16.
- December 10 – Registration deadline for Dallas College at Forney program participation
- For continuing participants, students need only register for eligible Dallas College courses
- For new participants, students need to register for eligible Dallas College courses AND notify FISD of intent to enroll by completing the Dallas College at Forney - Community Registration - Spring 2022 form here.
- December 22 – Dallas College at Forney participants will receive email communication verifying Spring 2022 tuition status.
Please note: Dallas College at Forney participants will not see a residency status change to in-district and initial tuition amounts will reflect out-of-district tuition. After December 10th, participant accounts will be reviewed and manually updated to reflect the tuition discount associated with this partnership. On Dec. 22, 2021 students participating in the Dallas College at Forney program will receive an email communication verifying their Spring 2022 in-county tuition status.
Dallas College courses at Forney ISD that are available for staff and community at the in-district rate may be found at the bottom right-hand column of this page.
Forney ISD Partnerships
In October of last year, the Forney ISD Board of Trustees approved a new partnership with Texas Tech University that provides an opportunity to bring a four-year institution to Forney and provide bachelor programs for not only our students but for the community of Forney in the future.
With the new partnership, Forney ISD students will have the opportunity to complete their core curriculum or associates degree through the Eastfield Campus of Dallas College, and then transfer to Texas Tech University to complete their bachelor’s degree without ever leaving Forney.
Texas Tech University currently offers online courses that Forney residents can take advantage of to earn a Bachelor’s Degree online. Texas Tech University plans to offer face-to-face courses in Forney in the near future which will allow students to complete a comprehensive bachelor’s degree.
In addition, Texas Tech University offers online Masters and hybrid doctoral degrees for Forney residents interested in pursuing a graduate degree. Please visit www.forneyisd.net/texastech for more information.
How to Get Started
How to Get Started
Community members should complete steps 1-4 of the 6-Step of the Dallas College Enrollment Process.
If you missed our Community Zoom Informational Meeting, click here to review the slides presented. (A recording of the meeting is also available to view here.)
Next, notify Forney ISD of your intent to enroll for Spring by December 10, 2021 by completing our Dallas College at Forney - Community Registration - Spring 2022
Please note that you only need to fill out this form if you are a NEW Dallas College at Forney student for Spring 2022.
Registration for classes will open on November 16th and Forney Family members can select any of the class options that are listed below (See Dallas College Classes at Forney ISD).
Important Upcoming Dates
December 10 - Spring Registration with Dallas College
Dallas College Courses at Forney ISD
ENGL 1301, 1302, 2322, 2323
HIST 1301, 1302
GOVT 2305, 2306
MATH 1314, 1342
BIOL 1408, 1409
CHEM 1405, 1407