Why Virtual Academy
High School Virtual Academy
Forney ISD Virtual Academy will partner with families and communities to offer students a rigorous and engaging education. By blending asynchronous and synchronous instruction, students will receive an education that prepares them for future ready skills and knowledge to become lifelong learners.
Why Virtual Academy?
The Forney ISD Virtual Academy has been developed to meet the growing needs of our students and families with the flexibility to learn at home in an online setting.
A successful virtual learner should be able to:
- Communicate with all online instructors and mentors in a professional and respectful manner
- Be strong academically and a lifelong learner
- Take an active role in their learning
- Be a self-starter
- Engage in the online learning community
- Advocate for themselves and maintain self-control when difficult situations occur
- Understand and appropriately utilize the learning management system and other instructional resources