Forney ISD Dual Language Program
Forney ISD Two-Way Dual Language Enrichment program provides the following:
- Students in the program are taught in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Students will be able to speak, understand, read and write in English and Spanish by 6th grade.
- Parents will have the option to apply for the Dual Language program in Kindergarten.
What are the advantages of the Dual Language Program?
- Students will be bilingual.
- Students will have a marketable skill.
- Research shows that students that are bilingual do better in school.
- Students will not have to wait until 7th grade to learn another language.
- Dual Language
- English as a Second Language
- Languages Other Than English