NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT IN FORNEY ISD
Welcome to Forney ISD! We are so glad to have you come learn with us!
New Student Registration is online. Please follow the links below to create your online login and password and complete the new student online enrollment process.
Welcome to Forney ISD!
If you are new to the community and you would like to know what schools are zoned to your home address, we encourage you to use SchoolSearch. You can enter your address to identify your schools of attendance. If you do not have an address or want to explore all schools you may click the "Find on Map" button to go directly to the map.
- Start typing the address from the beginning rather than copying and pasting.
- Once you see the result you're looking for you may click the result.
SchoolSearch is provided to assist the user in finding schools based on an address or geographic location. While every attempt is made to have the most accurate data, results obtained by using this application do not guarantee placement in any particular school. Errors can occur, and final determination will be made by the appropriate authority at the school district. GuideK12, LLC and Forney Public Schools assume no legal responsibility for the accuracy of the data or results of any search within the SchoolSearch application.
Documents Required for New Student Enrollment
- Withdrawal Form or Final Report Card from previous school (if applicable)
- STAAR scores (if applicable)
- Transcript from previous school (high school only)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- Parent/Guardian Driver's License
Residency Verification Documents
- Mortgage Statement or Lease Agreement with FISD address
- Current utility bill with FISD address (water, gas or electric only)
Families moving to Forney ISD under an Intended Residence must complete the online application form and provide the required documents to the campus for early enrollment based on an intended residence with move in expected within 120 days of the date of enrollment.
Other documents that may be required:
- Bona Fide Residence Affidavit (living with a Forney Resident)
- Power of Attorney (student living with a Forney Resident, separate and apart from parent/guardian)
These documents will need to be completed at the campus. Please contact the campus office for an appointment time.
Kindergarten/1st Grade Qualifications
- A student is able to attend our full-day kindergarten program if they are five years of age or older on or before September 1 of the school year.
- A child may be enrolled in the first grade if he or she is at least six years of age at the beginning of the current school year or has been enrolled in the first grade, or completed kindergarten, in the public schools of another state prior to transferring to the District or must qualify under other special provisions of the law.
- If a student wants to enter first grade prior to their 6th birthday, they may take the kindergarten acceleration test to see if they may be placed in the first grade. This test is administered in the spring for young people who already reside in the district and are seeking a placement for the upcoming school year.
- If a student moves into the district in the summer or early fall, they may enter kindergarten and then take the test in the fall and be placed into the first grade accordingly based on the outcome of the test.