SPECIAL POPULATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Special Populations Department supports Forney Independent School District’s vision and goals by providing supports and instruction for students receiving Special Education, Section 504, and Dyslexia services.
The purpose of the Forney Independent School District Child Find system is to identify, locate, and evaluate individuals (birth through 21 years) with suspected disabilities, who are in need of Section 504 or Special Education services.
If your child is currently enrolled in FISD, and you suspect your child has a disability, and is need of Section 504 or Special Education services, please contact the school counselor or campus administrator.
If your child is not currently enrolled in FISD, and you suspect your child may have a disability, and is in need of Special Education services, please complete the Child Find Intake form. English Spanish After you complete the intake form, a Child Find liaison will contact you to discuss your concerns. If you have additional questions or concerns regarding Child Find, please call 469-762-4155 x10740.
Special Populations Department Resources:
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Lakes Regional Community Center
- Legal Framework
- Transition in Texas
- Planning for Life After High School
- Parent Companion
- Guide to Admission, Review & Dismissal Process -- UPDATED July 2020
- Guia Para Padres del Proceso de Admisión, Repaso, y Retiro -- UPDATED July 2020
- Procedural Safeguards -- UPDATED July 2020
- Aviso Sobre Procedimientos de Protección -- UPDATED July 2020
- Estate Planning for Parents of Special Needs Students
- Dyslexia Handbook
- Updates on Special Education - English
- Actualizaciones en Educación Especial - Spanish
- More resources for parents of students with autism
- TEA Resources for Parents
2018-19 Stakeholder Engagement Plan (TEA)