FEF Advantage PLUS Scholarship
The Forney Education Foundation is proud to offer a Dual Credit Advantage PLUS Scholarship to high school students who enroll in and qualify for Dual Credit Courses with Eastfield College. The goal of the Dual Credit Advantage PLUS Scholarship is to increase opportunities for Forney ISD students to reach their full potential by opening doors in high school that help a broad and diverse range of students transition into post-secondary education.
Students that qualify for the Dual Credit Advantage Plus Scholarship only pay half of the tuition for each Dual Credit Advantage class, up to four classes per school year. The scholarship is paid through Forney ISD to Eastfield College to cover both the fall and spring semesters. Students are responsible for purchasing any textbooks and additional supplies required for the dual credit course.
The Forney Education Foundation Dual Credit Advantage PLUS Scholarship was created to assist students in achieving college credit hours while still in high school and replaces the post graduate scholarship previously offered by the foundation.
- Expands opportunities for current students
- Helps transition students into post-secondary education
- Provides opportunities for students to gain industry certifications
- Forney Education Foundation will offer scholarships paying 50% of up to 2 Dual Credit courses per semester (4 courses per school year)
- Application for the scholarship will be made available to students beginning in January of each school year.
- Students will be notified via email by the Forney Education Foundation during the month of March if they will be awarded a scholarship
- Complete the online DCCCD Admission Application (Links to an external site.)
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (Links to an external site.)
- Complete the TSI Google Form (Links to an external site.)
- Take/Meet TSI Assessment (Links to an external site.) Requirements
- Complete & Return DCCCD Enrollment Packet to HS Counselor
- Meet requirements to enroll in DCCCD Dual Credit course
- Complete the FEF online Advantage PLUS Scholarship Application (Links to an external site.) - This link will only be active during January-February.
- Deadline for FEF Adavantage PLUS Scholarship Application will be in February.