FORNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Inspiring Students Through Innovative Education
- Forney Independent School District
Return to Headlines
New Forney ISD Learning Specialists
Forney ISD recently expanded Learning Specialists across the District.
“We want to support our incredible classroom teachers in every way that we can,” said Forney ISD Superintendent Dr. Justin Terry. “Learning specialists are there to provide help, coach, mentor and cheer our teachers on as they help our students on a daily basis.”
K-8th grade learning specialists will be housed on campuses throughout the district, providing direct support to teachers. On Fridays, they will meet at the district administration building to collaborate and share resources.
We have two learning specialists that are new to the Forney family, two returning and six that are transitioning from Forney ISD classrooms to learning specialist.
- Sherrie Watson, Johnson Elementary
- Danielle Alt, Criswell Elementary
- Lecia Garner, Claybon Elementary
- Shelby Denman, Crosby Elementary
- Miranda Olson, Blackburn Elementary
- Erin Duplissey, Lewis Elementary
- Angie Harlan, Henderson Elementary
- Brittany Stephens, Rhea Intermediate
- Felicia Marshall, Smith Intermediate, New to the Forney Family
- Tiffany Alexander, Warren Middle School, New to the Forney Family
- Maurie Reeves, Brown Middle School
Our 7th-12th grade learning specialists will be housed at the administration building. Returning to Forney ISD this year:
- Katharine McKinney, Learning Specialist for 7-12 English Language Arts & Social Studies
- Melanie Harlan, Learning Specialist for 7-12 Math & Advanced Academics
- Tandi Owen, Learning Specialist for 7-12 Science & Data/Accountability