- Forney ISD
District Weekly Update 7-9-20: Connect with Forney ISD
Good evening, Forney Family!
If you’ve been to our website today, you may have noticed it got a little face lift. Also, our mobile app will get a refresh next week, so be sure to download the Forney ISD app by searching for it in the App Store or Google Play. We’ll add a section soon with information on learning options for the 2020-2021 school year.
To watch tonight’s video update from Dr. Terry, click here.
Based on information TEA provided on Tuesday and this afternoon, as of today, we are planning to offer 2 learning options for 2020-2021.
- Pre-K-12th grade on-site instruction
- Face-to-Face instruction at a Forney ISD facility with a Forney ISD teacher following health and safety guidelines.
- Kindergarten-12th grade virtual instruction
- Virtual instruction with a Forney ISD teacher that aligns with on-site instruction. Virtual instruction will be very different from the end of last year. Expectations are the same as on-site instruction and include all of the state required content standards and daily interactions with course content.
We are waiting on TEA, UIL and other state and national organizations to clarify questions regarding programs like CTE, athletics and fine arts to finalize plans. Additional details about each academic offering, CTE and extra-curricular activities will be shared with our Forney Family soon.
TEA provided some additional guidelines this week:
- Districts will follow Governor's orders for face coverings.
- All students, visitors and staff will be health screened before entering facilities.
- Truancy and attendance expectations apply to all learning options.
As we develop the operational support for these models over the next few weeks, we’ll be releasing more information. For example, how will meal service work? We’re working on plans for grab and go breakfast so students do not congregate in large areas.
Next week, we’ll open a link for families to begin making their commitment with their choice for learning. Selections must be made by Aug. 3 for the first 9 weeks. Feel free to submit questions using this Google form, as we compile FAQs for our website.
As families commit to the best option for their family, our community has generously provided 600 backpacks with school supplies for students in need. These will be distributed in a drive through Resource Fair on August 1. We ask that families pre-register for supplies here.
Thank you for being a part of our Forney Family.